Cormac is heavily involved in many local community organisations and volunteers with;
FORMER COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Fianna Fáil Group Leader on Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown (2019 - 2020)
- Member of the Corporate Policy Group (CPG) (2014 - 2017) & (2019 - 2020)
- Member of the Organisation, Procedure & Protocol (O., P. & P.) Committee (2004-2009, 2016-2017 & 2019 - 2020)
- Served as the Fianna Fáil Group Deputy Leader & Whip 2007-2008 & 2009 - 2010 & 2014 - 2016
- Elected An Cathaoirleach of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council (June 2016 - June 2017)
- Re-elected for a fourth term in May 2019 on the first count, receiving 2684 first preference votes.
- May 2014 - Re-elected for a third term taking the 2nd seat out of 21 candidates.
- Re-elected for second time representing the Dún Laoghaire Local Electoral Area - June 2009
- Chairperson of the Dún Laoghaire Area Committee 2014 - 2015
- Served as the Fianna Fáil Group Deputy Leader & Whip on Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Secretary of Dublin Fianna Fáil Councillors' Forum (2006 - 2009)
- Member of the National Youth Council of Ireland (N.Y.C.I.) 2002 - 2003
- Member of the Transport Special Policy Committee (S.P.C.) (2010 - 2014)
- Board Member, Dún Laoghaire Town Football Club (2002 - 2007)
- Board Member, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Community Forum (2003 - 2004)
- Board Member of Youthreach / Sportsreach Committee (2004 - 2009)
- Member of the Environment Special Policy Committee (S.P.C.) (2004 - 2009) & (2014 - 2016)
- Member of the Environment, Culture & Community Special Policy Committee (S.P.C.) (2004 - 2014)
Cormac was elected to the 33rd Dáil in February 2020 making him the 14th Fianna Fáil TD to serve the Dún Laoghaire constituency and the first to win a seat for Fianna Fáil since 2011.
In December 2020, An Taoiseach Micheál Martin appointed Cormac as Deputy Whip of Fianna Fáil and Dublin Spokesperson.
Prior to his election to the Dáil, Cormac served as a councillor for Dún Laoghaire from 2004 until 2020. Cormac served as Fianna Fáil Group Leader.
Served as An Cathaoirleach of
Dún Laoghaire - Rathdown 2016 - 2017
As a TD for Dun Laoghaire, Cormac's focus is on
- Increased supply of affordable and social housing
- Reforming our health service
- Delivering quality education at all levels
- Improving our public transport services
- Increasing community & sporting facilities
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour